Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Canzano article a must read

That makes back to back headings that I never thought I would write. The Big Lead has an absolute must read interview with Oregonian columnist John Canzano (found via SLAM). There are a lot of juicy stories about how bad things used to be in Blazerland. Reading reactions to the article, people are having a good time learning these anecdotes. I agree there are fun moments (who knew Nedzad Sinanovic was so gangster?) but there is definitely some heavy stuff from those very dark days. Being a Blazer fan, that era is still a little too fresh in my mind to get that sheer enjoyment out of this. I experienced that tense, creeped-out feeling going through Canzano's stories. It is comparable to watching There Will Be Blood, where you are simultaneously totally engrossed but feeling that unease circulate through your system. Seriously, you need to read this. I would "borrow" excerpts, but wouldn't know where to stop.

No comments: