Friday, March 30, 2007

Arenas wants you to understand...

Another great blog from Gilbert....


http://www.nba.com/blog/gilbert_arenas.html


I've been a big fan of his, but I'm not claiming it was always like that. It was not until his second season in the League that I noticed him and decided to pay attention. It wasn't for any of the goofy stuff you hear about, at that point all I knew was what I saw on the court. His game was enough for me. Analysts started talking about him when they could, and the chatter has been on the incline ever since, although it seems to have plateaued in the last couple months.

Then with his increased shine, I learned more stories. A lot of people didn't know how to take it. All I saw was a man that wasn't afraid to have fun with the growing spotlight that his game put him under, he's himself. Its pretty sad, but in a world of vanilla press conferences and players viewing themselves as a brand, guys like Gilbert are incredibly refreshing and probably doing the league a world of good.

There's a lot of things I want to say about Mr. Arenas, but I'm way too tired right now to really get into it. Hopefully this blog will remind me to circle back to that one day.

No comments: