Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Awesomeness of Manu Ginobili is undeniable

The bald spot is more pronounced than ever which makes Ginobili pretty cool with me. I guess he's pretty good at basketball also. But what really separates Manu is his ability to knock bats out of the air. With other humans paralyzed from fear Ginobili saved the day:
Spurs rookie DeJuan Blair simply scurried away as if his hair was on fire.

Over on the Spurs bench, they knew what was about to happen.

“If that thing gets anywhere next to Manu,” one veteran Spurs player told the person next to him, “he's swatting it out of the air.”

Seconds later, before anyone else could blink, that's what happened.

“I guess in Argentina, bat hunting is part of everyday life,” Kings center Spencer Hawes said. “Somebody had to do it, and it wasn't going to be me.”

Ginobili seemed unfazed by the flying pest.

“It's just a mouse with wings,” he said.

With the bat disposed of, and Ginobili's future in extermination secure, play was able to resume. With one flick of his left wrist, Ginobili saved the day.

“The legend grows,” Popovich said.
Indeed Popovich. Indeed.

Don't worry your delicate sensibilities, it seems Manu just stunned the little fella. I'm not sure which is funnier, Manu hitting the bat out of midair or the fact that his teammates knew he would hit the bat out of midair. I officially can no longer dislike the Spurs. The organization even had a good enough sense of humor to fill out an injury report for the bat. (Found via Sam Amick's Twitter.) Enjoy the video.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Correctly your article helped me very much in my college assignment. Hats off to you dispatch, will look forward in behalf of more interdependent articles in a jiffy as its anecdote of my favourite question to read.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.