Monday, October 26, 2009
Ron Artest's latest: Afghan Women
The jokes are easy. I'm sure we'll see plenty. But this latest video from Artest is a little more than that. The man is trying to make a positive difference in the World, albeit in his unique way. Honestly, its hard for me to clown a guy thats more active in that department than I am.
On and off the court Artest has often seemed like that puzzle piece that doesn't quite fit like it should. Not necessarily in a sad way. Its more like if that jigsaw piece realized it didn't fit, said fuck it, and kept it moving. (Can puzzle pieces keep it moving? I'm bad at metaphors.) Following that idea I can't help but find Artest empowering.
I'm sure I'll still laugh at some of Artest's actions. (Update: Yep.) Thats expected. But this video, more than anything else curiously enough, has me feeling like I understand him a little better. I'm done writing him off as nothing more than crazy sideshow entertainment.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- Nuggets Blazers Recap
- Vote Bust a Bucket Or Die
- Portland Trailblazers: Worst font in basketball?
- Ron Artest's latest: Afghan Women
- I heard that JJ Redick is a dope rapper
- Batum Out. This season sucks already.
- JR Rider Watch: North Texas Fresh edition
- Joel Freeland Update: Watch This Man! Edition
- Great Brandon Roy Picture
- The C Word
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Bum ankle edition
- Ron Artest is looking for a Georgetown Girl
- Brandon Roy a top 10 player
- Chris Dudley for Governor?
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Block Party! Edition
- Kenny Anderson! KENNY ANDERSON!
- Happy Antoine Walker Appreciation Day!
- Brandon Roy's star power growing
- Sun Yue waived by Knicks
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Supercup Edition
- Zach Randolph Watch: 18 pounds and HALF THE FAT! E...
- ▼ October (21)
- ► 2008 (261)