Just read Scoops Page 2, here's the highlight:
"And the sport the blogs and bloggers hate the most: basketball. The league they will give the least benefit of the doubt to: the NBA. This year the NBA can give bloggers no more reasons to hate than they already have. The power of the blog can kill the league."
Hearing that the NBA is barely clinging to existence is nothing new, but I was shocked at the accuracy of the statement. See, just a few weeks ago at the Blogger meeting there was a powerpoint slide outlining the master plan to take down the NBA. Some how, Scoop must have gotten a peek. Maybe he was there, his article is on the internet, and that could have gotten him passed security. He could be like Blade, half-real life big time sportswriter, half-blogger. And with a foot in each world, Scoop may be the world's only chance for survival.
I actually like a lot of Scoop's work and feel bad that the all-powerful evil-bloggers have not been more kind to the man. Despite the humiliation of being criticized on sportswriter forums read by tens of people, Scoop reached out. Of course, he got burned there too, and I'm not sure he has realized it. No matter. Bless you Scoop, fight the good fight. Somebody's got to.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- ► 2008 (261)
- Thanks for a good month
- Quick Thoughts, Blazers Debut
- Opening Night
- Scoop Jackson vs. Blogs, its still on
- Catching Up With Joel Freeland
- A void to fill
- Blazers vs Sonics and first impressions
- The case of the missing overweight middle-aged cau...
- R-O-Y, like the award, get it?!?!?
- Hannah Montana and the Blazers go together like, w...
- The allure of Finnish Hip Hop Culture
- Davis Cup Update, You CAN'T come
- Davis Cup Ticket Prices
- Blazers now recruiting mentally unstable
- Fantasy Basketball Starts
- Whats eating Spanish Chocolate?
- NBA Live 08 Update
- Blazers injury bug lashes out at DeceptivelyQuick
- NBA Live 08 Release
- Blazers on Myspace. I know I'm a loser.
- Finnagler in arms, Update!
- Deceptively Quick's Blazers starters
- ▼ October (22)