A couple weeks ago, I excitedly posted an email I had received about an event aimed at recruiting some "Blazermaniacs." Season tickets were in it for the winners ("winners"?), so the incentive was there. Even better, the email claimed they would put videos of the top contestants online for fans to vote on. In fact, the online voting was set to run through 10/22. I was ready. It seems sad (because it is) but I was pumped for this contest. I was going to carefully sift through these shameless people and officially endorse a candidate. It was going to be a DeceptivelyQuick media blitz.
For weeks I've been scouring the site and checking my junk e-mail folder. Nothing. I even scanned that IAMATRAILBLAZERSFAN.COM thing. Nothing. Did nobody show up? Did only a few enter and win by default? The silence, as they say, was deafening.
I may be the lone voice on this issue. But a fan's willingness to bring shame to their children and themselves by acting ridiculous at a sporting event is key to the whole experience of going to the game. One of my favorite experiences ever was at a Blazer's game last season when an impromptu breakdance battle between two fans broke out on the jumbotron. We need this contest to work, for the betterment of us all.
Please people, do not let this die.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- ► 2008 (261)
- Thanks for a good month
- Quick Thoughts, Blazers Debut
- Opening Night
- Scoop Jackson vs. Blogs, its still on
- Catching Up With Joel Freeland
- A void to fill
- Blazers vs Sonics and first impressions
- The case of the missing overweight middle-aged cau...
- R-O-Y, like the award, get it?!?!?
- Hannah Montana and the Blazers go together like, w...
- The allure of Finnish Hip Hop Culture
- Davis Cup Update, You CAN'T come
- Davis Cup Ticket Prices
- Blazers now recruiting mentally unstable
- Fantasy Basketball Starts
- Whats eating Spanish Chocolate?
- NBA Live 08 Update
- Blazers injury bug lashes out at DeceptivelyQuick
- NBA Live 08 Release
- Blazers on Myspace. I know I'm a loser.
- Finnagler in arms, Update!
- Deceptively Quick's Blazers starters
- ▼ October (22)