As scheduled, Coach of the Year was announced. As expected, Nate McMillan didn't come close to winning.
Not to knock any of the guys who finished higher than McMillan, they all won a bunch of games. But they did it with rosters stocked with of veteran star talent. Call me crazy, but that doesn't seem spectacular. That is pretty normal, actually.
And while that handful of coaches achieved something that is done by multiple teams every year, Nate did something that was closer to historic. Something that had never been done before. Something that deserved more acclaim than a consolation Western Conference Coach of the Month award.
The first fifty win team to play four rookies. Earning homecourt advantage with the youngest rotation in the League. Both of these things happened while playing what the Elias Sports Bureau deemed the hardest schedule in the NBA.
Even when you come to expect this type of unrecognition it is still deflating. We're in the Pacific Northwest, not on the Moon. Voters: please stop being such jackasses and try your hardest to pay at least a little attention.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- Rockets win series. Just the beginning.
- Rudy All-Rookie Second Team, Batum..well. Yeah.
- Artest is crazy...about Brandon Roy. And he is act...
- Game 6: Spencer The Sweetpotato is ready
- Why not enjoy another Jailblazer story?
- Blazers face elimination, DeceptivelyQuick breaks ...
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Championship edition
- The Awesomeness that is buying playoff tickets on ...
- Game 2 was nice, other people's words
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Totally unrelated to everyt...
- Coach of the Year. What a Joke.
- Cheer Up Rip City!
- Well that sucked.
- Some of Cliff Robinson's stuff found, more evidenc...
- What A Season. Wow. And it isn't over.
- Petteri Koponen Watch: H.T. playing hardball
- Nate McMillan should be Coach of the Year, but isn...
- Early Weakened Pondering: Blazers Growth
- LaMarcus Aldridge, he is pretty good
- We interrupt your Rip City playoff joy to bring yo...
- Getting Waferd never hurt so little
- Cliff Robinson now playing air bass because he doe...
- ▼ April (22)
- ► 2008 (261)