In case you didn't hear, the streak officially ended last night. But its New Year's Day, and we're looking forward not back. The future for this franchise is so bright I'm still trying to comprehend it. What better way for DeceptivelyQuick to usher in 2008 than with a shout out to Finland? Invaluable Finnish Consultant H.T. sent some updates and best wishes in the name of very odd pictures from Finland and a reminder that Scottie Pippen will be arriving there soon to play a few games, including one against our vaunted Finnagler, Petteri Koponen. We'll keep you posted on how that turns out.
This picture is from an elementary school, and poses an age-old question:
This one is an add from a Finnish magazing for some product meant to help you clean yourself. This one is just a particularly interesting man walking the streets of Kallio, Helsinki. I wouldn't call these not safe for work, but you would probably have a particularly difficult time at work if any coworkers saw them on your screen. Adjust accordingly.
Happy New Year.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- Trade Deadline Hysteria
- To Random Portlander: Stop Being a Douche. Serious...
- About This Business of Sending Jack Off (HaHa!)
- Portland vs. Atlanta: This is not a Recap!
- Obligatory Roy for All-Star Post
- What We Learned: Blazers 7 Game Road Trip
- God Shammgod stays in Portland, YES!
- Goonerluke Gives Thanks
- Akeem The (Other) Dream
- Brrrrrrrrrr! Chronicles Volume 1: Soccer
- Petteri Koponen Update from Finland
- Blazers popularity hurts procrastinators
- Pippen versus the Finnagler
- A monument to Martell Webster's 3rd Quarter
- Circling back: Brandon Roy's nickname
- Damon Stoudamire not happy with aging, Grizzlies a...
- Portland vs Chicago: winning and growing
- Darius Miles entertains with his spending
- Portland vs Minnesota: New Win Streak
- New Years Day Finnish Style
- ▼ January (20)