Some of the more hard-core pinwheel fans seem a little peeved that the fair-weather folks are turning up in droves. As one who defended this team through the mini-dark ages I would agree that it isn't totally enjoyable all the time. To see the same uninterested folks you were trying to convince of this team's potential just a season ago all of a sudden parade around like they've had a Travis Outlaw portrait tattooed on their chest since 2003 can be infuriating. But overall, I have to say I enjoy watching this city support this team again, even if the majority only fall in lust. The Blazers as a big deal in Oregon just seems right.
They're the hottest ticket in a town where they really have no excuse not to be. As evidence, I'm going to the wings place to watch the game tonight. Tried to get tickets, sold-out. I got gift certificate tickets as a gift, and needed to pick which games to see. I redeemed these the last week of December and couldn't get tickets to Boston on February 24th. I was lucky to get San Antonio on April 6th.
Last season, you could pretty much pick your spot by going to the box office right before tipoff. I will always miss the days of being able to walk down from the balcony and see the action up close. But don't get me wrong, its more fun to be part of a full-house of energy. Just don't procrastinate.
P.S., I hate when other life demands inconvenience DeceptivelyQuick, so inconsiderate like. But these demands are flying at me right now, so hot-blogging action will likely be sporadic for a while. One thing that could help is if any of you would like to contribute to the blog, send submissions: deceptively.quick(at)yahoo. There's a lot of you that are on your game: H.T., Brrrrrrrrrr!, and goonerluke I see you. There's more of you out there. If anyone wants to put something up let me know, could be interesting.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- Trade Deadline Hysteria
- To Random Portlander: Stop Being a Douche. Serious...
- About This Business of Sending Jack Off (HaHa!)
- Portland vs. Atlanta: This is not a Recap!
- Obligatory Roy for All-Star Post
- What We Learned: Blazers 7 Game Road Trip
- God Shammgod stays in Portland, YES!
- Goonerluke Gives Thanks
- Akeem The (Other) Dream
- Brrrrrrrrrr! Chronicles Volume 1: Soccer
- Petteri Koponen Update from Finland
- Blazers popularity hurts procrastinators
- Pippen versus the Finnagler
- A monument to Martell Webster's 3rd Quarter
- Circling back: Brandon Roy's nickname
- Damon Stoudamire not happy with aging, Grizzlies a...
- Portland vs Chicago: winning and growing
- Darius Miles entertains with his spending
- Portland vs Minnesota: New Win Streak
- New Years Day Finnish Style
- ▼ January (20)