Sunday, January 27, 2008

Portland vs. Atlanta: This is not a Recap!

Portland 94, Atlanta 93 (boxscore)

Because I don't do recaps anymore. That said, I was at the game against Atlanta. The feeling in the arena was that Portland was getting blown out the entire game, because that is pretty much what was happening. Deflating. As always, I directed all my frustrations during this time towards Blaze the Trailcat, who is available for parties. Then, somehow, a few electric minutes by the usual suspects was enough for a win.

The blow out turned thrilling Blazer victory naturally featured RoyBot in full kill mode (both on offense and defense) during the clutch, hopefully securing a few more All-Star votes in doing so. This is good.

After playing flat, uninspired ball for 95% of the game it was exciting to see an unexpected victory. We've seen this before. While experts keep telling me that "winning ugly" is the mark of a "real-deal" team, it seems like it could send a bad message. You can come out as lethargic as you want, and get bailed out in the end.

I've heard some defeats are moral victories, so can victories be moral defeats?

No comments:

Blog Archive