This being the case, I'm tired of all the positivity going around. Oden is gone for the entire year, to a major knee surgery that has been known to end careers from time to time, and apparently we should be upbeat about this. Here's a brief list of reactions I've actually heard/read:
- Hey, we'll probably get another top draft pick out of this!
- LaMarcus will get a better chance to develop!
- We'll really get to see what Channing Frye can do!
- A new chance for some other guys to step up!
- SOME players that got this surgery made AWESOME comebacks!
Wow, we really are lucky this happened! I bet Cleveland fans are way jealous LeBron hasn't had to go through knee surgery. I'm goin to buy scratch-its!
I learned something else. Apparently, anyone who is disappointed about this is an asshole. Let me review this again, maybe I missed something:
The #1 draft pick, a supposed franchise player, will not play at all this season. Because he is getting arthroscopic knee surgery.
So when people fire off frustrations about this, they're dicks? I know we are less and less accepting of people being pissed off, but humor me. I'm not as Vulcan as some. I want to be pissed off a little right now. Let me, and let everyone else. Keep in mind: this really does suck.