Wallace hasn't played for Portland since 2003 but still manages to trigger strong feelings within Rip City. His most productive years were here, and he delivered his share of W's to the franchise. If things had been even a little more stable we may be talking about Rasheed as one of the greatest to ever play for Portland. Instead we remember him as the player that responded to being the focal point of a team by tearing it all down. The man who finally got his on-court act together, relatively speaking, to help deliver a title to a different team. But hey, he was the best player of the JailBlazer era by a mile. I'm going to go break something.
Tuesday, May 5, 2009
Rasheed Wallace to retire?
Are back-to-back Jailblazer posts acceptable? Anyways, a guy who knows a guy who knows Rasheed Wallace says that the four time All-Star is planning on walking away from the League unless a team gives him $8 million for next season. (If true, that means he is leaving.)
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- A little Charles Barkley for your Sunday
- The IBL is easily worth the cost of admission
- The NBA is trying to ruin my summer. (Brought to y...
- In exchange for a chance to meet a basketball lege...
- The Blazers 2009 Draft. I'm confused.
- A Nation in Mourning: Akeem Scott a Playboy no lon...
- Tom Penn is staying
- Petteri Koponen Watch: He is a point guard, right?...
- Pritchard's new challenge: succession planning
- Weakened Non-Pondering: Phone it in edition
- Darius Miles...is still Darius Miles
- I did not see this coming: Roy gets second team, A...
- Presenting the best thing in the Universe: The Yam...
- Weakened Pondering: Stop the Rocket hating madness...
- Some NBA Coach really respects Przybilla
- Team USA is coming for our Blazers
- Rasheed Wallace to retire?
- Get your Zach Randolph Blazers jersey today!
- The Off-season is on! More Koponen. More Freeland....
- ▼ May (19)
- ► 2008 (261)