One doesn't have to frequent BlazersEdge to get the sense that fans are antsy to find this team's pointguard of the future. Perhaps the supernova potential of the Blazers has made us all a tad spoiled. Still, looking at the roster, it is the most obvious need. And we are in the doldrums. So who will this player be? Where will the magical pointguard come from? The current roster? The draft? Another team? Europe? Who is this person?
I'm happy to announce the situation has been settled, and we can finally get back to obsessing about more important things like Greg Oden playing a pickup game. The answer is a young, mostly unknown talent by the name of Paolo Darroca. Whether he needs to run the offense or spot up in the corner when Roy takes over, Paolo is the man* for the job. More size than Blake, a more consistent shot than Sergio, and a better decision maker than Jack. Sure, maybe he's a little more combo-guard than pure point, but the talent to adjust to team needs is there. I let the video evidence speak for itself:
*technically, puberty pending
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- Blazers pointguard of the future search OVER
- Blazers and the dunk contest
- Maybe we should chill out on this Oden thing
- Petteri Koponen still Finnaglin
- Roy Isn't Hurt, He Just Needs His Joints Re-Welded...
- Blazers vs Wizards: Why They Play The Game
- An End to A "Rivalry"
- Enjoying the doldrums
- Horrible What I Did To You: Greatest Hits
- DeceptivelyQuick BACK, MORE WISE, BUT STILL KINDA ...
- Making Amends
- Congratulations Portland State
- Hard to Not Love Shaq
- Until Further Notice
- Clyde Drexler Was Pretty Hard
- That Knicks Game Was AWESOME
- Lets Stop Pretending College Sports are College Sp...
- The Blazers Are Still Good Enough To Barely Beat B...
- Toronto: Please Make Calderon Unhappy
- I Don't Totally Hate David Stern
- In the first round of the 2008 NBA Draft, the Port...
- Joel Pryzbilla Knows When to Hold Em
- Blazers Big Win Over the Lakers
- Akeem Scott's Espoo Debut
- ▼ March (24)