It makes sense to just give Roy an early vacation to rest his hip/groin injuries. The playoffs aren't on the line, some other guys could use the opportunity, his long term health is much more important, all those things.
Logic aside (a great way to preface a discussion), I'm still a little bummed. The Blazers finishing over .500 would have been neat. Really though, I was excited to watch this team play spoiler down the stretch. Check out the remaining schedule, here's a sample: New Orleans, Lakers (twice), Houston, SanAntonio, Dallas, and Phoenix. Five teams grappling for position in the best Western Conference playoff race ever.
Watching Portland go out with a bang by causing one of these teams to fall a slot or even lose homecourt would have been an insanely gratifying end to the season. It is all still possible, but significantly less probable with the team Roy-less. (See Exhibit A).
Of course, like all Blazer news not involving feelings puppies and sunshine, you have to follow it up with what is most important. "Spoiler?" Please. This team is on the road to championships. Ah yes, the future. We will all be Robots, but there will still be only one RoyBot.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- Blazers pointguard of the future search OVER
- Blazers and the dunk contest
- Maybe we should chill out on this Oden thing
- Petteri Koponen still Finnaglin
- Roy Isn't Hurt, He Just Needs His Joints Re-Welded...
- Blazers vs Wizards: Why They Play The Game
- An End to A "Rivalry"
- Enjoying the doldrums
- Horrible What I Did To You: Greatest Hits
- DeceptivelyQuick BACK, MORE WISE, BUT STILL KINDA ...
- Making Amends
- Congratulations Portland State
- Hard to Not Love Shaq
- Until Further Notice
- Clyde Drexler Was Pretty Hard
- That Knicks Game Was AWESOME
- Lets Stop Pretending College Sports are College Sp...
- The Blazers Are Still Good Enough To Barely Beat B...
- Toronto: Please Make Calderon Unhappy
- I Don't Totally Hate David Stern
- In the first round of the 2008 NBA Draft, the Port...
- Joel Pryzbilla Knows When to Hold Em
- Blazers Big Win Over the Lakers
- Akeem Scott's Espoo Debut
- ▼ March (24)