Unrestricted speculation is fun. ESPN knows this, and their NBA Lottery thingie is back. It is pretty pointless, but I recommend it, especially if you should be working. I keep running it over and over and the Blazers keep ending up with UCLA super soph-point Russell Westbrook. The system seems to be designed for Portland to take the best PG available at their awarded spot, and so far he's the guy. Interesting that DraftExpress has him as the 15th pick in the 2009 draft, the ESPN must love the guy a lot more. I have heard KP himself checked out a UCLA game when Portland was in LA.
Whatever the Blazers pick ends up being, I wouldn't be surprised to see some vintage KP trades (he has all those second round picks, expiring contracts, and some young talent-mostly available for the right price!) to move up and take the a player he really likes, assuming he's found one he'd want to move up for. Or he could even end up moving down, or using the pick to get someone already in the league (Hi Jose!). Being made of magic is fun like that.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- Blazers pointguard of the future search OVER
- Blazers and the dunk contest
- Maybe we should chill out on this Oden thing
- Petteri Koponen still Finnaglin
- Roy Isn't Hurt, He Just Needs His Joints Re-Welded...
- Blazers vs Wizards: Why They Play The Game
- An End to A "Rivalry"
- Enjoying the doldrums
- Horrible What I Did To You: Greatest Hits
- DeceptivelyQuick BACK, MORE WISE, BUT STILL KINDA ...
- Making Amends
- Congratulations Portland State
- Hard to Not Love Shaq
- Until Further Notice
- Clyde Drexler Was Pretty Hard
- That Knicks Game Was AWESOME
- Lets Stop Pretending College Sports are College Sp...
- The Blazers Are Still Good Enough To Barely Beat B...
- Toronto: Please Make Calderon Unhappy
- I Don't Totally Hate David Stern
- In the first round of the 2008 NBA Draft, the Port...
- Joel Pryzbilla Knows When to Hold Em
- Blazers Big Win Over the Lakers
- Akeem Scott's Espoo Debut
- ▼ March (24)