Sometimes I do. If you read this blog, chances are 99.9% that you've already seen this video (and 25% that you are in Finland, its true!). I'm posting it because 1) Stern makes a really good point thats not getting enough attention and 2) I'm lazy.
The Blazer announcers are exactly what Stern is pointing out, which is something they're not happy to talk about. I enjoy our Mike & Mike a lot, but they are Trailblazer employees. At the end of the day they have a responsibility to tow the company line. Thats why we hear the constant company-spin, thats why we don't hear them bring up obvious criticisms. Announcers weren't always paid by the teams they covered. There was a day when they didn't have to worry about ramifications for saying things that could possibly reflect poorly on the organization (Hey Darius!). Now they are an extension of the PR Department, to the point where it gets insulting at times. Again, I think Portland has some of the better announcers in the league, but the puppet show is hard to miss. Irksome things.
By the way, this here is the best NBA-related video to surface in a while. That is all.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- Blazers pointguard of the future search OVER
- Blazers and the dunk contest
- Maybe we should chill out on this Oden thing
- Petteri Koponen still Finnaglin
- Roy Isn't Hurt, He Just Needs His Joints Re-Welded...
- Blazers vs Wizards: Why They Play The Game
- An End to A "Rivalry"
- Enjoying the doldrums
- Horrible What I Did To You: Greatest Hits
- DeceptivelyQuick BACK, MORE WISE, BUT STILL KINDA ...
- Making Amends
- Congratulations Portland State
- Hard to Not Love Shaq
- Until Further Notice
- Clyde Drexler Was Pretty Hard
- That Knicks Game Was AWESOME
- Lets Stop Pretending College Sports are College Sp...
- The Blazers Are Still Good Enough To Barely Beat B...
- Toronto: Please Make Calderon Unhappy
- I Don't Totally Hate David Stern
- In the first round of the 2008 NBA Draft, the Port...
- Joel Pryzbilla Knows When to Hold Em
- Blazers Big Win Over the Lakers
- Akeem Scott's Espoo Debut
- ▼ March (24)