As bright as Portland's future may be, I thought it would be nice to take a quick look back at some of past greatness. Rip City.
The greatest Blazer ever was in some dunk contests, but wasn't really made for that. When it came to dunks, Clyde was more of an in-game guy. He remains severely underrated for his ability to dunk all over people. When I say this, I mean it in the most strict sense possible. Most players credited with dunking on people are technically more dunking around people. Not Clyde. He went full on, body-to-body. If the defender jumped, he'd bang their torso in midair and throw it down. If they didn't jump they caught a chest-full of knee.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- Blazers pointguard of the future search OVER
- Blazers and the dunk contest
- Maybe we should chill out on this Oden thing
- Petteri Koponen still Finnaglin
- Roy Isn't Hurt, He Just Needs His Joints Re-Welded...
- Blazers vs Wizards: Why They Play The Game
- An End to A "Rivalry"
- Enjoying the doldrums
- Horrible What I Did To You: Greatest Hits
- DeceptivelyQuick BACK, MORE WISE, BUT STILL KINDA ...
- Making Amends
- Congratulations Portland State
- Hard to Not Love Shaq
- Until Further Notice
- Clyde Drexler Was Pretty Hard
- That Knicks Game Was AWESOME
- Lets Stop Pretending College Sports are College Sp...
- The Blazers Are Still Good Enough To Barely Beat B...
- Toronto: Please Make Calderon Unhappy
- I Don't Totally Hate David Stern
- In the first round of the 2008 NBA Draft, the Port...
- Joel Pryzbilla Knows When to Hold Em
- Blazers Big Win Over the Lakers
- Akeem Scott's Espoo Debut
- ▼ March (24)