With all the rumors that the Blazers have been in it would be kind of funny if their only trade ended up being Ike Diogu for Michael Ruffin. It sounded like a decent basketball deal at first, while Diogu is probably the better player the Blazers rarely play him. Portland also needed another center on the roster, especially with Oden's injuries. Then I realized Ruffin is actually smaller than Diogu. Being that Diogu is considered a bit undersized for a power forward, I have a hard time thinking Ruffin has the size to be the extra center Portland needs. I could be wrong, I really know nothing about the man other than his dimensions.
But this deal wasn't really about what happens on the court. As explained by Blazer's Edge, the Diogu/Ruffin exchange saves the Blazers about 4 million dollars. Portland also gained a $3 million trade exception, which is nice.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled trade deadline hysteria. If you want to avoid work, follow along with me. Your boss doesn't appreciate you anyways.
UPDATE: It's all over now, and Portland has indeed decided to stand pat outside of the Diogu deal. I think we all deserve a nap.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- Slow Posting Excuse Number 12381287231089132
- Clearing up some Blazer myths, volume I
- Bill Bayno returns to team, warm fuzzies
- Greg Oden's latest injury: Everyone take a deep br...
- Tuesday Linksta 2/24/09:
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Travis Best still playing e...
- Weakened Pondering: Blazers vs High Scoring Teams
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Brandon Jennings can't wait...
- Trade Deadline Day, Michael Ruffin!
- A break from the trade talk, thanks Z-Bo!
- I Can't Stop Giving Trade Rumor Updates: The Carte...
- Another Trade Rumors Update: It's almost over
- Tuesday Linksta 2/17/09
- Blazer trade rumors getting more hilarious, Luke R...
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Plus/Minus edition
- Nate Robinson can't dunk as well as a kid from Col...
- Who is Matthew Hirsch and why is he taunting me?
- Taurean Green got waived...I think...
- More Amare to Portland, this is ridiculous
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Nothing to add edition
- Portland for Amare is not going away...
- Awesome Blazers garbage on Ebay: Volume I
- About all this LaMarcus for Stoudemire talk....
- Bonzi Wells dropped from Chinese Team, one step cl...
- Thursday Linksta 2/5/09
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Designer Jeans edition
- Did you know Rebecca Haarlow blogs too?!?
- Mandatory Super Bowl Entry: Steve Patterson is whe...
- ▼ February (28)
- ► 2008 (261)