Back when DeceptivelyQuick started, I chose a generic sounding pseudonym from a Johnny Cash song that I happened to have just listened to. My motives were to save myself the embarrassment of explaining my internet geek tendencies to people that knew me in other roles in life. Just the thought of a conversation on why I titled my blog Deceptively Quick with a random co-worker was terrifying.
The decision had nothing to do with wanting to escape accountability of the things I wrote, at least not in the direct sense. Almost everything that shows up here is pretty harmless and goofy. I was never trying to be the anonymous blogger lobbing fire bombs at people.
The anonymity thing has been steadily losing appeal to me since that first choice. No matter how inane and innocuous things stay around here I realize that it feels "more right" to at least be up front about who I am. If Channing Frye gets terribly upset when I say he looks like Nick Cannon he should have the right to at least know my name. Plus its awkward to use a fake name in real-life situations that I'm in because of DeceptivelyQuick.
So from now on I'll be writing as me. Don't be alarmed, this will have no impact on the quantity of Finnish basketball commercials. (Ut-Oh! Cliffhanger!)
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- Please stop sending me dance videos
- Stephon Marbury is taking over my life
- Move over Koponen, Finland's next great basketball...
- Ike Diogu signed by New Orleans
- The Uninteresting Truth
- Qyntel Woods: Still a professional basketball play...
- Some in Memphis believe Randolph will help them, h...
- How Much Will The City of Portland Love Andre Mill...
- Portland signs Andre Miller
- Another July NBA Blog Post
- Into the equatorial qualms we go. Hey, ESPN TradeM...
- Because you've just been dying to know what Bonzi ...
- FREE TAUREAN GREEN
- Blazers vs Nuggets Incomplete Summer League Reacti...
- Taurean Green Watch: Yes, I'm still doing this edi...
- I suppose I need a Paul Millsap entry
- You mean it costs money to watch NBA Summer League...
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Not really. Well sorta. A b...
- Hedo Turkoglu's wife can handle a pastrami of any ...
- Turkoglu agrees to come to Portland, Pastrami!
- Turkoglu to Portland, Rudy kind of a dick maybe
- ▼ July (21)
- ► 2008 (261)