It isn't a secret that this blog jumps off the Blazer tracks and screeches into topical obscurity from time to time. And why not? A big advantage of a no cost/no profit blog is that you have nothing to lose by indulging your flights of fancy. But DeceptivelyQuick was never intended to be esoteric. It sort of is supposed to feel like a Blazers blog. But where is the line? I don't know exactly, but I am starting to sense its nearness. All brought on by Mr. Von Wafer. Of course.
On January 2nd he blew up in his twelve mostly garbage minutes. That performance and Houston's roster depletion due to injury have resulted in Von Wafer starting. As a bit of a Waferphile, I was ecstatic. And although I consider the man a Blazer until NBA.com updates his player page, I decided nobody but me and the Wafer family really cared.
Apparently I was wrong; over the course of Wafer's last three games I have received Wafer related text messages from three people that know me and three e-mails from people who don't. This is what blogger books call the "Wafer niche," and while it is small, I assure you that it is very real. Don't be surprised to see a new Von Wafer Watch feature. It is on my friend, welcome to your new premier source for Von Wafer news and gossip.
Just what has our man done in his last three games to get all seven of us so pumped? He's averaged over 16 a game while only taking 11 shots in just 26 minutes per. Yes, you can say that his team has lost all of those games. But nobody likes you and your cynicism, so don't. Get Waferd!
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- Weak in Review: Roy makes All-Star, shamockery avo...
- When Greg Oden plays 30 minutes or more...
- Oden & Fernandez named to All-Star rookie challeng...
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Coach is on to something Ed...
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Don't Watch Edition
- ESPN reports on Brandon Jennings as if they have s...
- The Roy Gap: Will national media ever close it?
- That was quite a game, Mr. Roy
- Taurean Green vs. Joel Freeland Round 1 was kind o...
- Taurean Green vs. Joel Freeland, will DeceptivelyQ...
- The Blazers at Midseason
- Rudy Fernandez wins dunk contest entry, will be cr...
- Von Wafer Watch: Does it all have to end here edit...
- Darius plays his tenth game, Miles-gate turns into...
- Will Memphis end the Miles saga tonight?
- Petteri Koponen Watch: The Finns rule the cold
- Portland off the hook for Miles-gate e-mail
- Von Wafer Watch: Mamba gets Waferd!
- Another Darius Miles Update, unfortunately
- Joel Freeland Update: DNP, ankle
- Who says. Rudy Fernandez. Can't Jump? Please make ...
- Petteri Koponen Watch: I have nothing else to add ...
- Darius Miles Update, can't stop won't stop
- Von Wafer Watch! Yeah, this is happening.
- Grizz re-sign Darius Miles, naturally
- Darius Miles Update: Blazers now taking legal coun...
- Roundball Mining Company declares war on Deceptive...
- Suns waive Brown, totally should have signed Damon...
- Darius Miles waived by Memphis, team continues to ...
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Boykins free addition
- On Von Wafer's recent blowuptuation
- Man, all that publicity is really working
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Second Banana Edition
- Satellite Post: Holiday eatingness recap
- Hornets at Portland, Pre-pregame
- Joel Freeland gets his first start, Euro basketbal...
- ▼ January (36)
- ► 2008 (261)