H.T. checks in with the latest from the ongoing Petteri Koponen in Italy saga. Don't know what I'm talking about? Get up to speed. So archive-y!
26 points. That is the difference of No. 1 team and No. 2 team in Italian Serie A. Montepaschi Siena secured their whopping 13th win in a row destroying Virtus Bologna 107-81 (53-35) at home court this Sunday. Siena was leading by ten in the end of the first quarter and went on full throttle before giving their substitutes some precious time on the court in the final quarter.
had returned to Virtus Bologna line-up after leaving back to States for Christmas without the permission of the team. Boykins' presence didn't help Bologna much, because he ended up with lukewarm six points in 18 minutes. Petteri Koponen didn't do much better; he had three points (FG 1-4), three turnovers, one assist and one steal in 13 minutes.
While Bologna struggled, Siena showed why they are championship contenders in the Euroleague as well as Serie A. ended up with 37 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists and 4 steals in just 31 minutes, while Ksistof Lavrinovic had 20 points, 17 points and Terrell McIntyre 11 points, 7 steals and 6 assists. Guilherme Giovannoni led Bologna with 23 points.
Bologna's Serie A campaign continues Saturday, January 10th at home against Premiara Montegranaro, featuring notables such as Kiwane Garris, and Brandon Hunter. Bologna stands second in Serie A with 8w-5l record. This Tuesday, Bologna tries to improve to 5-0 in FIBA EuroChallenge Cup at home against Tanoka Beard's Tartu Rock.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- Weak in Review: Roy makes All-Star, shamockery avo...
- When Greg Oden plays 30 minutes or more...
- Oden & Fernandez named to All-Star rookie challeng...
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Coach is on to something Ed...
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Don't Watch Edition
- ESPN reports on Brandon Jennings as if they have s...
- The Roy Gap: Will national media ever close it?
- That was quite a game, Mr. Roy
- Taurean Green vs. Joel Freeland Round 1 was kind o...
- Taurean Green vs. Joel Freeland, will DeceptivelyQ...
- The Blazers at Midseason
- Rudy Fernandez wins dunk contest entry, will be cr...
- Von Wafer Watch: Does it all have to end here edit...
- Darius plays his tenth game, Miles-gate turns into...
- Will Memphis end the Miles saga tonight?
- Petteri Koponen Watch: The Finns rule the cold
- Portland off the hook for Miles-gate e-mail
- Von Wafer Watch: Mamba gets Waferd!
- Another Darius Miles Update, unfortunately
- Joel Freeland Update: DNP, ankle
- Who says. Rudy Fernandez. Can't Jump? Please make ...
- Petteri Koponen Watch: I have nothing else to add ...
- Darius Miles Update, can't stop won't stop
- Von Wafer Watch! Yeah, this is happening.
- Grizz re-sign Darius Miles, naturally
- Darius Miles Update: Blazers now taking legal coun...
- Roundball Mining Company declares war on Deceptive...
- Suns waive Brown, totally should have signed Damon...
- Darius Miles waived by Memphis, team continues to ...
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Boykins free addition
- On Von Wafer's recent blowuptuation
- Man, all that publicity is really working
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Second Banana Edition
- Satellite Post: Holiday eatingness recap
- Hornets at Portland, Pre-pregame
- Joel Freeland gets his first start, Euro basketbal...
- ▼ January (36)
- ► 2008 (261)