With the recent spat of injuries, it appears that even the Pessimist's Preview failed capture the extent to which this team has a problem staying healthy. It is significant to note that the injury bug has spread well beyond the Foundation (Roy, Aldridge, Oden) and appears to be contaminating the rest of the squad; Blake with his hamstring, Frye with his ankle, Webster with his foot, Przybilla with his lungs, and now Fernandez with his ankle. Understandably, some fans are worried. I was terrified.
Then it hit me. A team can't possibly have this many injuries. It just doesn't happen. Clearly, there is something else going on. There is only one logical explanation.
These men are madly in love with trainer Jay Jenson. You can't blame them. The man has a sort of seductive gravity that pulls you in like the waves do a grain of sand. It should come as no surprise that people want to be around him by any means necessary. If I were a Blazer, I would probably fake both an injury and an interest in tennis to try to get as much face time with Jay as possible.
So don't worry about these "injuries." They are simply man-crushes that will pass as the season moves along. Because while Jay Jenson may be a healer of wounds, he is also a breaker of hearts. After a few tear-filled nights and a week or so of R.E.M., these Blazers will be back in action.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- Weak Review: Mr. Glass edition
- Dear Rip City, Stop thinking about Oden. I can hel...
- NBA Opening Night: Blazers vs Lakers
- Blazers opening night, I am filled with enthusiasm...
- Blazers season previews review...What?
- Get your hope here, Oden style
- Weak Review: Waived players edition
- Shavlik Randolph, Portland Trailblazer
- Ricky Davis gives monetary rewards for dunking on ...
- Consolidated McDonalds Dunk Contests = secret sauc...
- The Biggest Story in the WORLD: Dan Dickau release...
- Darius Miles waived, donks vanishing into the suns...
- Meanwhile, back in Finland
- Weak Review: Ghosts from the past
- Inconsequential Tales of Blazer-Fan Interaction: U...
- Petteri Koponen's Italian Experience: Update
- The Dirk Defense
- Qyntel Woods Blotter Update: The Italians are awar...
- The Outdoor Game! Phoenix vs. Denver
- That MoPed cost Monta Ellis $3 Million
- The Blazers ARE NOT INJURY PRONE
- Not Another Season Preview! 2008 Trailblazers
- The Optimist's Blazer Preview
- The Pessimist's Blazer Preview
- Why did you not tell me the Portland Chinooks were...
- A little Hibachi to hold you over
- ▼ October (26)