Yes, Luke Jackson and Steven Hill have both been waived, leaving the final roster spot to none other than Shavlik Randolph. This was a bit of a surprise. Conventional Rip City logic suggested Hill would take the spot and buffer Oden and the Vanilla Gorilla from killing each other in practice. He would have also fit nicely as a third big seven footer to clog the lane in the event that GO or 'Billa went down to injury. So much for that.
Congratulations to Randolph. He was the only hopeful to really accomplish anything of note in the preseason. (Although really he only did it once.)
Back in his rookie season with Philly, Randolph was getting praise before his injury. He was probably the best basketball player of the Blazer unguaranteeds. Personal merit won the day over team need, which is a bit unusual as far as final roster spot decisions go.
Randolph now stands in line behind LaMarcus, Frye, and Diogu. Four power forwards? Seems like our friend Kevin Pritchard is up to something.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- Weak Review: Mr. Glass edition
- Dear Rip City, Stop thinking about Oden. I can hel...
- NBA Opening Night: Blazers vs Lakers
- Blazers opening night, I am filled with enthusiasm...
- Blazers season previews review...What?
- Get your hope here, Oden style
- Weak Review: Waived players edition
- Shavlik Randolph, Portland Trailblazer
- Ricky Davis gives monetary rewards for dunking on ...
- Consolidated McDonalds Dunk Contests = secret sauc...
- The Biggest Story in the WORLD: Dan Dickau release...
- Darius Miles waived, donks vanishing into the suns...
- Meanwhile, back in Finland
- Weak Review: Ghosts from the past
- Inconsequential Tales of Blazer-Fan Interaction: U...
- Petteri Koponen's Italian Experience: Update
- The Dirk Defense
- Qyntel Woods Blotter Update: The Italians are awar...
- The Outdoor Game! Phoenix vs. Denver
- That MoPed cost Monta Ellis $3 Million
- The Blazers ARE NOT INJURY PRONE
- Not Another Season Preview! 2008 Trailblazers
- The Optimist's Blazer Preview
- The Pessimist's Blazer Preview
- Why did you not tell me the Portland Chinooks were...
- A little Hibachi to hold you over
- ▼ October (26)