Yi (or maybe more accurately, the folks who will make a lot of bank off Yi) didn't want the Bucks to draft him. They made this very clear, but the Bucks went ahead and took him anyways. I mean why not? What could possibly go wrong?
So we've been sitting back enjoying the ensuing disaster, and guess who's stepping up now? None other than the Milwaukean-Chinese Citizens! Thats right, they started a website welcoming Yi to Milwaukie.
First item on the agenda: Convince Yi that there are Chinese people in Milwaukie.
See Yi? There are Chinese people there, a whole community of them! They got their own grocery stores and everything!
Concern over a small market team hurting marketability? Worry about the small Chinese population? Alleged issues with potential playing time? Yi's camp is running out of excuses, and I feared this circus was coming to an end.
Then, it hit me: The Race Card! A search for "Chinese" on Milwaukie's wikipedia page turned up this quote:
" In March of 1889, that city saw four days of protest and one day of rioting against its Chinese laundrymen. Sparking this city-wide disturbance were allegations of sexual misconduct between two Chinese and a number of underaged white females. The unease, and tension in the wake of the riot was assuaged by the direct disciplining of the city's Chinese."
Hey, Milwaukie is racist! Or maybe Yi likes underaged white females, and wouldn't feel comfortable causing a riot against the local Chinese Community, whom he cares deeply for after he saw the website they made for him and heard about their grocery stores.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- ► 2008 (261)
- I want NBA Live 08
- Brandon Roy: Not scrimmaging with Team USA
- Qyntel Woods: still earning a living playing baske...
- Michigan wants beef
- Ha Seung-Jin, tremendous upside-potential achieved...
- Portland is bored already
- Ok Ok Ok, Calm Down
- Milwaukie Chinese feelin like Yi
- Etan Thomas to Andrew Bogut: THATS a knife!
- 2007 Summer League: Portland vs. Seattle
- More on Steve Blake
- Please God No
- Summer League: Blazers vs. Lakers 1
- Summer League: Blazers vs. Lakers 2
- Summer League: Lakers vs. Portland 3
- Happy Free Agent Day!
- Portland vs. Dallas: Summer League Game 2 Notes
- What I'm looking for: Portland vs. Dallas Summer L...
- Oden's Debut: Portland Notes
- Oden's Debut: Boston Notes
- David Stern wants you to hate him
- NBA Summer League Kickoff
- Spencer Hawes: More than just a bust
- Blazers get to be on TV! GLORIOUS RELEVANCE!
- Remix: Don't sleep on Joel Freeland!
- The Return of Joel Freeland
- Greg Oden: Man of the People
- ▼ July (27)