Yes, the title is copied from the one right below about Travis Outlaw. He and Webster are in similar situations as young players with all the potential you can measure, who were drafted right out of highschool on just that. For both, the critical factor seems to be getting their mind right. They should both also be grateful for the emergence of LaMarcus and Roy and the arrival of Oden, all of whom buy them more time to develop and largely avoid public scrutiny and dodge expectations. The difference is that for Webster, the stakes are a little higher.
The sixth pick in the 2005 draft, Martell at 20 is probably not yet reaching the point where he's expected to be a major contributor. Then again, lets not forget that despite more consistent minutes last season, he only managed to put up stats nearly identical to his rookie campaign.
Like Outlaw, the Blazers could really use what Martell can bring to the table. Martell is a gifted athlete, but his outside shooting is what Portland is craving. Its no secret Portland needs a big time 3 point threat, and the hopes are that Webster can fill this role.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- ► 2008 (261)
- The joy of tearing a man's pride to pieces
- Team USA doesn't remember Greece
- The Northwest without the Sonics
- Deceptively Quick: officially an obscure subtle in...
- Its good to see us feeling so good about ourselves...
- Its over! 24
- What stinks in Miami? 23
- Grant Hill: Totally Duuuuuuude!, 22
- Its a beautiful goddamn day in Oregon, 21
- How not to show your enthusiasm for your team: thr...
- Fighting a losing Battle: Jack Brown's futile atte...
- NBA Live 08: Bold Predictions (get it? Ha!), 18
- Expanding horizons, 17
- Terry Porter is a real man, 16
- Portland Beavers on Deadspin, 15
- Shit I'm tired of blogging, 14
- Martell Webster, to know you is to be mired in bef...
- Travis Outlaw, to know you is to be mired in befud...
- A Moment of Silence for sweet ticket deals, 11
- Blazer Nicknames, 10
- When I hit the wall, 9
- Seriously, Juwan Howard is in the news, 8
- League to Seattle Owner: stop being stupid, 7
- Tim Donaghy's quest to become the most hated man a...
- Joel Freeland can't catch a break, 5
- The End of Racism, 4
- People in Indiana hate Josh McRoberts, 3
- USA vs Venezuela, 2
- Blog Day 100 entries, 1
- Good thing theres so much meth in Oregon!
- James Hollywood Robinson
- The Reggie Miller Comeback; at least he'll go away...
- Are ugly cars part of the new Blazer Culture?
- When Blazers Matter This Much, I explode
- Jack scheduled to start?
- ▼ August (35)