Some analysts are listing Miami to contend in the East. Um, no. They won their title, with a fair amount of luck. They made their bed when they brought in Shaq and decided to keep trying to surround him and DWade with passed their prime vets. They could've steadily built a young team around Wade to compete for years to come, but they wouldn't have won that title. It was probably worth it, but now they're living with the reprecussions a win right now strategy brings.
They need new guys to surround Wade and Shaq, but have had a hard time finding what they want and really need. If this team was so great, wouldn't some of the free agents who went elsewhere have signed with them? Why didn't anyone mention Miami when Grant Hill was looking for a contender to play with while being paid the minimum? Why have all the players on the top of the Heat's list gone elsewhere? Money, sure, but you think thats all? It wasn't with Hill, at least.
The players know something about what teams will contend. Miami, for the hype they still get, isn't getting the first look a lot of players who want to win give San Antonio, Phoenix, or Dallas. The question may become how long it takes them to get out of contracts and rebuild for the future, hopefully while Wade is in his prime. If they can't, I wonder how long he will stay in a place other players think stinks.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- ► 2008 (261)
- The joy of tearing a man's pride to pieces
- Team USA doesn't remember Greece
- The Northwest without the Sonics
- Deceptively Quick: officially an obscure subtle in...
- Its good to see us feeling so good about ourselves...
- Its over! 24
- What stinks in Miami? 23
- Grant Hill: Totally Duuuuuuude!, 22
- Its a beautiful goddamn day in Oregon, 21
- How not to show your enthusiasm for your team: thr...
- Fighting a losing Battle: Jack Brown's futile atte...
- NBA Live 08: Bold Predictions (get it? Ha!), 18
- Expanding horizons, 17
- Terry Porter is a real man, 16
- Portland Beavers on Deadspin, 15
- Shit I'm tired of blogging, 14
- Martell Webster, to know you is to be mired in bef...
- Travis Outlaw, to know you is to be mired in befud...
- A Moment of Silence for sweet ticket deals, 11
- Blazer Nicknames, 10
- When I hit the wall, 9
- Seriously, Juwan Howard is in the news, 8
- League to Seattle Owner: stop being stupid, 7
- Tim Donaghy's quest to become the most hated man a...
- Joel Freeland can't catch a break, 5
- The End of Racism, 4
- People in Indiana hate Josh McRoberts, 3
- USA vs Venezuela, 2
- Blog Day 100 entries, 1
- Good thing theres so much meth in Oregon!
- James Hollywood Robinson
- The Reggie Miller Comeback; at least he'll go away...
- Are ugly cars part of the new Blazer Culture?
- When Blazers Matter This Much, I explode
- Jack scheduled to start?
- ▼ August (35)