I like Travis Outlaw, and promise this isn't about his stratospheric numbers during the "lets just finish this and not get hurt" end of the season that robbed me of my fantasy basketball title. I promise, this is about me as a Blazer's fan.
Drafted straight out of highschool in the first round 2003 on all potential. 6'9 and as athletic as anyone in the league. Now, less than a month away from turning 23 and soon to enter his 5th year in the league, nobody is really sure yet what type of player he will become.
We've seen Outlaw hit jumpers in people's face, pull down improbable rebounds, and dominate stretches of games. Then we won't hear from him for a while, maybe he's only been able to get his when he falls of the scouting report. Watching Travis over the years, there isn't a lot he can't do on the court, and he's by all accounts nice guy off it. It looks to be all mental at this point, and things need to start clicking soon. I wonder if they've been using that sports psychologist on Travis as well as Martell.
The Blazers gave him a three year extension this summer, so they must believe him to be on the verge of becoming a consistent contributor. Portland could really, really use him at small forward. It will be something to watch this season, will Outlaw make the leap or remain the talented enigma?
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- ► 2008 (261)
- The joy of tearing a man's pride to pieces
- Team USA doesn't remember Greece
- The Northwest without the Sonics
- Deceptively Quick: officially an obscure subtle in...
- Its good to see us feeling so good about ourselves...
- Its over! 24
- What stinks in Miami? 23
- Grant Hill: Totally Duuuuuuude!, 22
- Its a beautiful goddamn day in Oregon, 21
- How not to show your enthusiasm for your team: thr...
- Fighting a losing Battle: Jack Brown's futile atte...
- NBA Live 08: Bold Predictions (get it? Ha!), 18
- Expanding horizons, 17
- Terry Porter is a real man, 16
- Portland Beavers on Deadspin, 15
- Shit I'm tired of blogging, 14
- Martell Webster, to know you is to be mired in bef...
- Travis Outlaw, to know you is to be mired in befud...
- A Moment of Silence for sweet ticket deals, 11
- Blazer Nicknames, 10
- When I hit the wall, 9
- Seriously, Juwan Howard is in the news, 8
- League to Seattle Owner: stop being stupid, 7
- Tim Donaghy's quest to become the most hated man a...
- Joel Freeland can't catch a break, 5
- The End of Racism, 4
- People in Indiana hate Josh McRoberts, 3
- USA vs Venezuela, 2
- Blog Day 100 entries, 1
- Good thing theres so much meth in Oregon!
- James Hollywood Robinson
- The Reggie Miller Comeback; at least he'll go away...
- Are ugly cars part of the new Blazer Culture?
- When Blazers Matter This Much, I explode
- Jack scheduled to start?
- ▼ August (35)