Only the hardcore among you will remember the Consistent Stat from last December. After having a bit of a caffeine overdose too late at night I decided now would be a good time to calculate the numbers on the 2008 Blazers.
Briefly, the Consistency Stat is produced by dividing the players PPG by the standard deviation of their scoring. This produces a number that reflects how the player's scoring deviates relative to how many points they average. It gives us an idea of how consistently they score their points. For a more in depth explanation/justification, and a peak at last season's numbers through December, take the above link.
Below, in order of most consistent to least, is how the Blazers are looking through 12/10/2008:
(PPGcr = Points Per Game consistency rating.)
Joel Przybilla and Rudy Fernandez
PPGcr = 1.23
PPGcr = 1.12
Interpretations to follow.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- The Interwebs Love LaMarcus
- Sans-Roy Blazers beat the Boston Bullies
- More on Channing Frye
- Joel Freeland injury update
- Earl Boykins CUT from Italian Club! More time for ...
- Joel Freeland injury
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Christmas is a time for giv...
- Don't Vote Rudy
- Suns sign Brown, ruin Christmas
- Watchout for those Vikings
- Nuggets at Portland, Pre-pregame
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Moral victories edition
- Shaq took the loss at Portland pretty hard
- Your Weekend Disturbing Animated Gif
- Weak Review: Brandon Roy goes mainstream edition
- Brandon Roy scores 52, Blazers win
- Suns at Portland, Pre-pregame
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Still starting
- Darius Miles signs with Memphis, soul-mate Z-Bo ki...
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Don't pay attention to this...
- Weak Review: Darius Miles won't go away edition
- First All-Star ballot returns: Playing for Portlan...
- Scoring Consistency Observation #2: For the haters...
- Goonerluke random thought 12/11
- Scoring Consistency Observation #1: Brandon Roy at...
- The Consistent Stat is NOT dead!
- Portland Trailblazers Painfest: A Festival of PAIN...
- Another Von Wafer siting! GA!
- Petteri Koponen watch: Another start, another win
- Goonerluke random thought 12/10
- Blazers get Turkoglu'd!
- On Channing Frye
- Magic at Blazers, Pre-pregame
- Goonerluke random thought 12/9
- Petteri Koponen gets to play
- Goonerluke random thought 12/8
- Bah! Portland at Toronto, Sunday morning game snea...
- Portland vs Boston Recap; I don't wanna talk about...
- Portland at Boston, Pre-pregame
- Goonerluke random thought 12/5/08
- UW to retire Brandon Roy's jersey
- The (Blazers) Spirit
- Hollinger wouldn't lie, Portland a lock for the pl...
- Other blogs are interested in Taurean Green too?
- Another Joel Freeland Update
- Goonerluke random thought 12/4/08
- Forbes report: Blazers value jumps 21%
- Another 10 games, another check-up
- Blazers vs. Wizards, Pre-pregame
- Goonerluke still alive, with many random thoughts
- In the desert, my battle for free internet continu...
- ▼ December (51)