This post is referencing the scoring consistency stat derived from this post. An in depth explanation of the stat is available here.
Travis Outlaw has become a bit of a polarizing figure in Rip City. He does some good things, like provide scoring off the bench. He also does bad things, like forgetting what play the team is running in the last possession of a game, showing up out of shape to training camp every year, and the occasional journey into delusions of grandeur.
That last heartbreaking loss to Orlando has given the trade Trout lobbyists a significant boost. But perhaps we aren't fully appreciating what Travis brings to this team. Not only does he average double figures off the bench, he does it at the second most consistent rate on the team.
Outlaw's PPGcr is 2.67. In December of last year it was 1.94. The addition of Oden and Fernandez were supposed to hurt Outlaw's scoring, but that has not been the case so far. Outlaw's PPG last December was within 1 point of his current season average. The only real change so far this season is that he is a much more consistent scorer.
It could be that he has improved his skills. Or perhaps having more competition for shots has increased his focus. Or maybe it is nothing more than a statistical aberration. But Outlaw being the second most consistent scorer on the team should not be ignored.
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- The Interwebs Love LaMarcus
- Sans-Roy Blazers beat the Boston Bullies
- More on Channing Frye
- Joel Freeland injury update
- Earl Boykins CUT from Italian Club! More time for ...
- Joel Freeland injury
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Christmas is a time for giv...
- Don't Vote Rudy
- Suns sign Brown, ruin Christmas
- Watchout for those Vikings
- Nuggets at Portland, Pre-pregame
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Moral victories edition
- Shaq took the loss at Portland pretty hard
- Your Weekend Disturbing Animated Gif
- Weak Review: Brandon Roy goes mainstream edition
- Brandon Roy scores 52, Blazers win
- Suns at Portland, Pre-pregame
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Still starting
- Darius Miles signs with Memphis, soul-mate Z-Bo ki...
- Petteri Koponen Watch: Don't pay attention to this...
- Weak Review: Darius Miles won't go away edition
- First All-Star ballot returns: Playing for Portlan...
- Scoring Consistency Observation #2: For the haters...
- Goonerluke random thought 12/11
- Scoring Consistency Observation #1: Brandon Roy at...
- The Consistent Stat is NOT dead!
- Portland Trailblazers Painfest: A Festival of PAIN...
- Another Von Wafer siting! GA!
- Petteri Koponen watch: Another start, another win
- Goonerluke random thought 12/10
- Blazers get Turkoglu'd!
- On Channing Frye
- Magic at Blazers, Pre-pregame
- Goonerluke random thought 12/9
- Petteri Koponen gets to play
- Goonerluke random thought 12/8
- Bah! Portland at Toronto, Sunday morning game snea...
- Portland vs Boston Recap; I don't wanna talk about...
- Portland at Boston, Pre-pregame
- Goonerluke random thought 12/5/08
- UW to retire Brandon Roy's jersey
- The (Blazers) Spirit
- Hollinger wouldn't lie, Portland a lock for the pl...
- Other blogs are interested in Taurean Green too?
- Another Joel Freeland Update
- Goonerluke random thought 12/4/08
- Forbes report: Blazers value jumps 21%
- Another 10 games, another check-up
- Blazers vs. Wizards, Pre-pregame
- Goonerluke still alive, with many random thoughts
- In the desert, my battle for free internet continu...
- ▼ December (51)