Hopes of another inspired Blazer comeback were extinguished tonight by some calls that went the other way down the stretch. This sums it up. The best way I'm finding to deal with it is to focus on the fact that Oden had his best professional game to date.
Tonight we got our longest look yet at a major piece of the Blazers future, and it was pretty good. GO crushed in 22 points (7-11 FG, 6-8 FT), 10 rebounds, and 2 blocks in thirty minutes of work. It was the most we have seen him involved in the offense so far, during some stretches the team seemed determined to run things through the big man.
Keep in mind also that he is a long ways from being done developing. I'm not even talking as longterm as left handed jump hooks and slippery eels, but of things that will easily be corrected within this season. Tonight we saw the continuation of his bad habit of bringing the ball down to where humans can sometimes knock it free. He also tends to lean forward at his hips to shield himself from flying defenders, another bad habit that neutralizes much of his height advantage. These are little things that will be corrected soon and make Oden even more poised to punish opponents.
After thinking about all that, aren't you feeling a little better?
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- Thanksgiving laziness: Repurposing old posts writt...
- Appreciating Brandon Roy: Shot Distribution
- Limited internet access gangster links post
- Reading Shaq's Twitter has not yet gotten old
- Blazers vs Kings (again), Pre-pregame (blah)
- Weakened Review, ex-Blazers on the move
- Portland vs Phoenix, Pre-pregame; Von Wafer editio...
- Blazers vs Kings, Pre-pregame
- Taurean Green and Joel Freeland updates
- I don't know what this is
- Inconsequential Tales of Blazer-Fan Interaction: Z...
- Rasheed Wallace reacts to FreeDarko
- Blazers vs Bulls, catharsis
- Ron Artest will not stand for your homophobia, oh ...
- Blazers vs. Warriors; immediate rage please subsid...
- Blazers vs Warriors, pre-pregame
- Taurean Green blows up
- They still like Jarrett Jack in Indy
- A look at the Blazers, ten games in
- Blazers vs T'Wolves, Pre-pregame
- Blazers vs New Orleans Pre-pregame
- Akeem Scott: People's Champ, People's Champ, Peopl...
- NBA ballers should probably stop letting people re...
- The Latest on Joel Freeland
- Petteri Koponen in Italy Update: I just died a lit...
- The return of Oden
- Oden might play, please remain calm
- KP & Big Pun
- Greg Oden makes All-Star ballot
- Taurean Green Update: Learning his ACB's (See that...
- Gilbert Arenas would fit in Portland
- Everyone loves a road trip...
- Sergio Rodriguez asks for trade
- Blazers vs. Rockets conclusion; dramatized narrati...
- The Roy Sneakers are not worthy of supporting the ...
- Definitive outline of Darius Miles ramifications
- Blazers vs Rockets
- Portland vs. Utah, CNN vs. The Sith
- Voting is fun
- Outlaw for Conley rumors...
- Rudy's first three games
- Weakend Review: Don't you feel better? I feel bett...
- ▼ November (42)