Do I really need to bother coming up with a semi-clever introduction for H.T. anymore? He's from Finland. It is a lot like the United States except that they eat more fish, have a better educational system, and live longer. Oh and its cold. Here he gives us a depressing update on how our hopefully Blazer-to-be Petteri Koponen (The FINNAGLER!) is doing on his pro tour of Italy. (Previous installment here.)
In Italy, has turned from MVP to DNP. Road from semi-professional Finnish League to fully professional Italian League has been long. Koponen is one of the youngest pro players in Italy and being in the rotation behind 3 million euro man is a hard task. After a stable opening game (5 pts, 2 steals, 1 assist in 12 mins), Petteri hasn't got much playing time. After five rounds of Italian League, Petteri is averaging 2,5 points, 0,8 rebounds and 0,8 assists in 11,3 minutes a game while shooting only 27,3 % from the field.
Virtus opened their league campaign with three straight victories, but after two ugly losses (65-99 defeat against Scavolini Pesaro and 71-78 against Air Avellino), Renato Pasquali got fired and replaced by Matteo Boniciolli, who was named Italy's coach of the year earlier this year. Koponen was reached by Finnish news agency YLE this Tuesday and in a nutshell, Koponen stated that first two practice sessions with the new coach have been pleasant and that the whole team seems to have a new approach for the season. Koponen also wishes to see some more minutes under his new coach and the hoopheads in Finland are pretty sure that his PT increases after opening difficulties.
While we look forward to see how Koponen will perform under his new coach, here's just a brief reminder that some other Italian league newcomers have had difficulties finding their rhythm:
http://188.8.131.52/player/?id=JEN-BRA-89&year=2008&team=1161 (Oh that is cold-Ed.)
And sorry, no Finnish hip hop this time. The two-minute clip linked below is from very well known Finnish crime series "Pimeyden tyyny". No need for subtitles, all the main characters speak English:
(The Finns have mastered the art of using randomness as entertainment-Ed.)
These fine places have linked here, even after they read it:
- Agree to Disagree
- Alana G
- And One
- Ball Don't Lie
- Ball In Europe
- Be The Three
- Blaze of Love
- Bust a Bucket
- El CAI a la ACB
- El Ilusorio Blog de Rudy
- Give Me The Rock
- KNEE JERK NBA
- Life on Dumars
- NBA FanHouse
- OregonLive.com Blazers Blog
- Peninsula is Mightier
- Peter Robert Casey
- Rip City Forever
- Roundball Mining Company
- Rusty's Blog
- Sport Chit Chat
- Steven's Triathlon Station
- SunSpectrum: A Phoenix Suns Blog
- The AltRaps Blog
- THE WIZZNUTZZ
- Trailblazers Talk
- Tremendous Upside Potential
- What Would Oakley Do?
A sampling of other places I steal from:
- ► 2010 (29)
- ► 2009 (233)
- Thanksgiving laziness: Repurposing old posts writt...
- Appreciating Brandon Roy: Shot Distribution
- Limited internet access gangster links post
- Reading Shaq's Twitter has not yet gotten old
- Blazers vs Kings (again), Pre-pregame (blah)
- Weakened Review, ex-Blazers on the move
- Portland vs Phoenix, Pre-pregame; Von Wafer editio...
- Blazers vs Kings, Pre-pregame
- Taurean Green and Joel Freeland updates
- I don't know what this is
- Inconsequential Tales of Blazer-Fan Interaction: Z...
- Rasheed Wallace reacts to FreeDarko
- Blazers vs Bulls, catharsis
- Ron Artest will not stand for your homophobia, oh ...
- Blazers vs. Warriors; immediate rage please subsid...
- Blazers vs Warriors, pre-pregame
- Taurean Green blows up
- They still like Jarrett Jack in Indy
- A look at the Blazers, ten games in
- Blazers vs T'Wolves, Pre-pregame
- Blazers vs New Orleans Pre-pregame
- Akeem Scott: People's Champ, People's Champ, Peopl...
- NBA ballers should probably stop letting people re...
- The Latest on Joel Freeland
- Petteri Koponen in Italy Update: I just died a lit...
- The return of Oden
- Oden might play, please remain calm
- KP & Big Pun
- Greg Oden makes All-Star ballot
- Taurean Green Update: Learning his ACB's (See that...
- Gilbert Arenas would fit in Portland
- Everyone loves a road trip...
- Sergio Rodriguez asks for trade
- Blazers vs. Rockets conclusion; dramatized narrati...
- The Roy Sneakers are not worthy of supporting the ...
- Definitive outline of Darius Miles ramifications
- Blazers vs Rockets
- Portland vs. Utah, CNN vs. The Sith
- Voting is fun
- Outlaw for Conley rumors...
- Rudy's first three games
- Weakend Review: Don't you feel better? I feel bett...
- ▼ November (42)